Gluten Free Buttermilk Pizza Crust
Makes one crust
160 grams (1 cup) white rice flour
76 grams (1/2 cup) millet flour
56 grams (1/2 cup) tapioca starch
20 grams (1/4 cup) potato starch
1 teaspoon guar gum
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
133 grams (1/2 cup) buttermilk + a 2 teaspoons (if needed)
1 teaspoon vinegar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1. Combine the dry ingredients into a medium bowl. Sift once. Sifting helps to mix the ingredients and to find any clumps in the flours and starches.
2. In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients.
3. I use my KitchenAid stand mixer to mix the dough. Add the dry and the wet to the stand mixer and attache the paddle tool. Start on low and mix dough, once it is mixed, increase speed to medium for 5 minutes. Dough should look stretchy--like a thick cake batter.
4. This is best made on parchment paper. If you don't have any, then get the pan that you will bake the crust on and spread with a light sprinkling of corn meal. See picture below. Pour dough into the middle of the paper or pan.
7. Bake just the crust for 8 minutes. See picture at the top. Add sauce, cheese and ingredients and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven. The pizza should slide off of the parchment paper. I remove the parchment paper so that the crust can sit directly on my pizza stone and dry up any sauce that may have ran over the sides.
8. Slice and serve. Store left overs in the refrigerator.