Hummus is something we always have in our refrigerator. My teenagers love it.
I have played around with a variety of flavor profiles but they always come back to the plain version. I think they enjoy the simple flavors of this tasty dip.
Carrots seem to be the dipping stick of choice in our home but certainly try your favorite veggie or cracker too.
Makes 1 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 15.5 oz can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup tahini paste
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 lemon, juice only
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup beef broth
1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
1. Using a high powered blender or food processor add beans, tahini paste, garlic, broth, lemon juice and all of the spices.
2. Pulse or blend until thick and creamy.
3. Slowly add olive oil until the desired consistency is achieved.
4. Season according to your flavor profile: more salt, more tahini, etc...
5. Serve with pita chips or prepared vegetables.
As an added topping you can sprinkle toasted pine nuts, drizzle the top with olive oil, sprinkle with your favorite herb, etc... or just eat it plain with your favorite cracker or veggie.
Written by Sherron Watson