I had great plans for this post. I even ordered the cute little molds to make roses and leaves. I had planned to get fancy.
Well, you can see these are not shaped like flowers, no leaves in site and there is nothing fancy about this post...LOL
I have been so sick for the last three weeks. Barely hanging on to be exact. Two weekends in a row trying to "rest and sleep" this beast away. No go!
Sometimes life takes over and I have to just say, "oh well".
I am heading to the doctor today to get something to help with the cough and hopefully exile this thing from my body. It has really messed up my schedule. (Turns out I had bronchitis and my asthma made it worse...the meds are finally kicking in and working).
I was asked to do an interview for a local TV station on Wednesday and was able to muddle through that with the help of a few cold and sinus tablets.
This recipe is special to me because it was given to me by a woman I met 25 years ago. I met her through church and as we would sit and visit once a month, she would be busy making these cream cheese mints.
Her fingers worked so fast! This is what she would do for the bride and grooms in our area as part of their wedding gift. The mints were always a hit at each wedding reception. How could they not be?
Made with love, each one pressed into the mold and then flipped out onto the table.
Her home smelled so good on the days that she made the mints---minty fresh and clean!
I wrote this recipe down on an old napkin and have kept it this whole time. When our Sunday Supper group was deciding on Valentine Day recipes I knew this is what I wanted to make.
You don't go through this much work (referring to the fancy molded mints) for just anybody, you do it for the ones you love. This is my first batch that is pictured and I went the easy route of rolling the dough into long ropes and cutting them into bit size pieces. A practice run you could say.
Well, when this bug is all said and done, I will add a few more pictures of the mints in the shapes that I purchased--leaves and roses.
Keep in mind that you can make the mints any color or keep them white. This batch I have had sealed in a bag for two months and they taste just as fresh as that first week that I made them.
They are buttery, creamy and minty morsels of love. See below the list and recipes of the Sunday Supper group sharing their LOVE with each of us today.
Recipe: Cream Cheese Mints
3 oz. cream cheese, soft
3 cups of confectioner's sugar
3 teaspoons of peppermint extract
food coloring (optional)
confectioner's sugar to help with the molds
Combine cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, extract and food coloring until well blended.
The dough should be kneadable (not too sticky). If this happens, add more sugar.
Knead dough for 3 minutes.
Sprinkle parchment paper with confectioner's sugar and roll sections of the mint dough into a snake, about a 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes, remove and cut into tiny candy segments.
If using the molds: Pinch off a piece of peppermint dough, dip in sugar and press into mold. Gently pop them out and store on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
The mints will become harder the longer they sit (7-10 days is recommended). I stored mine in large bags until I was ready to use and share them.
- Asparagus, Clam & Bay Shrimp Pasta from Galactopdx
- Bacon Double Cheese Burger Bites from In the Kitchen with KP
- Cheese Stuffed Cannelloni from Curious Cuisiniere
- Garlic Shrimp Bruschetta from MarocMama
- Green Olive, Goat Cheese & Basil Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Indian Shrimp Pulao from Soni’s Food
- Individual Beef “Phyll-ingtons” from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ranch, Bacon and Cheese Crisps from Daily Dish Recipes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Rissóis de Camarão | Portuguese Shrimp Dumplings from Family Foodie
- Spicy Red Cabbage Quiche | Veggie Quiche Recipe from Masala Herb
- Banana Bourbon Blondies from The Messy Baker
- Banana Cream Napoleon from Food Lust People Love
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Brown Butter Rolo Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies from Damn Delicious
- Chocolate Baumkuchen from Webicurean
- Chocolate Bread Pudding from La Cocina de Leslie
- Chocolate Chip Banana Cake with Banana Cream from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Covered Bacon from I Run For Wine
- Chocolate Covered Stuffed Strawberries from Country Girl in the Village
- Chocolate Mousse from Mom, What’s For Dinner?
- Chocolate Roll filled with Nutella Cream from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream with Cherry Sauce from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas with Chocolate Sauce from The Roxx Box
- Coconut Sweetheart Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coeur a la Creme from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Mints from Simply Gourmet
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse with Coconut Cream from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte from Kelly Bakes
- #GlutenFree Chocolate Almond Cloudless Cake from Cooking Underwriter
- Heart Shaped White Chocolate Cakes with Raspberry Cream from Noshing with the Nolands
- Homemade Cherry Mash Candies from Juanita’s Cocina
- Maple-Date Bars from Diabetic Foodie
- Meyer Lemon Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Samoa Bundt Cakes from Ruffles & Truffles
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake from Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Pistachio and Chocolate Souffle from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Raspberry Custard Tart from Kudos Kitchen
- Raw Fudge Love from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red Velvet French Macarons with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars from Chocolate Moosey
- Red Wine Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting from The Urban Mrs.
- Strawberry Shortcake! from The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Valentine Cake Hearts from Ninja Baking
- Tres Leches Tea Cakes with Honey Riesling Soaked Fruit from Neighborfood
- Valentine’s Bakewell Tarts from Happy Baking Days
- Valentines Chocolate Apples from Big Bear’s Wife
- Blood Orange Vodka Martinis from The Catholic Foodie
- Bloody Raspberry Cocktail from My Cute Bride
- Strawberry Gin Fizz from girlichef