|This was our sunset tonight-GORGEOUS!|
This is going to be quick because I am right in the middle of a huge homework assignment. I made this in my typical rushed Chopped fashion. I took out what we had from the refrigerator and gave myself a time limit and created this creamy and cheesy casserole for the family. My husband and kids were my Alex, Chris, and Aaron. I'm pretty sure I would have gone home with the $10,000 dollars.
Of course, I didn't write the recipe down as I went because , well, you just never know if it will turn out or not.
It turned out and we gobbled it up. I snatched up my phone and grabbed some quick images and immediately sat down and whipped this short post up. I believe its that good to share right now, plus, I may or may not have needed a break from crunching numbers for my math assignment.
Now back to my homework and studies.
Recipe: Cheesy Couscous and Broccoli Casserole
2.5-3 cups of cooked couscous
1 large can (22.6 oz) of Cream of Chicken soup or 2 regular cans
2 cups of sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded (save 1/2 for the topping)
1 small onion, diced small
2 gloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of Ghee or oil
1 cup of milk, used to thin soup
salt/pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon Curry powder
4 small heads of broccoli, steamed and in pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 9X13 pan or Le Creuset pan with a light spray of favorite cooking spray.
2. Steam broccoli pieces. Prepare Couscous according to package directions. I used my left over couscous from the night before (this dish is great to use up leftovers).
3. Saute onion and garlic in ghee until clear and tender. This takes about 4 minutes.
4. In a large bowl add soup, curry, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, 1/2 of the shredded cheese, and couscous. Stir until well blended. The sauce is thick. Add milk. Start with 1 cup and add more if still super thick. It should be like thick pancake batter. Gently fold in steamed broccoli.
5. Add mixture to your prepared pan and top with remaining cheese. If you need or want more cheese-add it! Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Store leftovers in refrigerator.