Portabella Mushroom Casserole
4 large portabella mushrooms
2-3 turkey sausage links (I choose the Italian flavor)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 red onion, diced small
1 small zucchini, diced small
1 cup of ricotta cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
2 cups of prepared marinara (homemade or store bought)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil a casserole dish. Add the 4 portabella mushrooms and prebake them for 15 minutes.
2. Saute red onion and zucchini in olive oil until tender. Add turkey and cook until done.
3. Combine the parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese together.
4. Remove mushrooms from oven and layer the turkey sausage mixture with the ricotta cheese, marinara sauce and mozzarella/parmesan cheese around the mushrooms in the casserole dish. If you wish to slice or chop the prebaked mushrooms into smaller pieces you can before adding the sauce and cheese.
5. Bake until bubbly--25-30 minutes for most ovens.