Baked Tomatoes with Gruyere, Garlic and Onion
Makes 6 small tomatoes
6 Campari Tomatoes
1 teaspoon melted butter
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons red onion, diced very small
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1 cup of Gruyere Cheese (I have used a combination of Jack and Gruyere with great success)
1-2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
a splash of White Wine, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Core tomatoes and arrange in a small baking dish.
3. In a small sauce pan add butter and heat on medium. Add red onion and garlic. Saute for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir until cheese is melted and well combined.
4. Spoon the cheese mixture into the hollow tomatoes. I filled my cheese to the top.
5. Bake for 15 or until cheese starts to turn golden brown (see photo). Remove from oven and serve immediately. If you have problems with the tomatoes tipping over in the baking dish, slice some carrots and use them to hold up the tomatoes while baking.