Sunday, July 13, 2014
No Bake Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake
The hot weather has finally arrived in Maryland and I am trying some new no bake desserts on my family. They love cheesecake and this is a recipe that I shared with Capital Style Magazine in May.
This is one of those recipes that you can easily replace the apple pie filling for any pie filling or fruit filling your family would like. The caramel sauce on top can also be left off or switched for something else.
I take these camping with us because I can make them at home and keep them in the cooler. They stack great in the bottom of our cooler. I can use the jars to store leftovers in from dinner. Its a fun dessert to surprise the kids with when they are tired and need an energy boost from hiking and playing.
Using the jelly jars makes them a great individual sized dessert too. You will find that I love to make dishes that can be individualized for my guest and friends.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
4-8oz jelly jars with lids
1-8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup of sugar
2 cups of whipped cream or dessert topping
1 cup crushed Graham Crackers (or use gluten free ginger snaps too)
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1-21oz can of apple pie topping (use homemade as an option)
1 small jar Caramel Ice Cream topping (make caramel from scratch as an option)
1. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice and sugar. Combine until sugar is no longer grainy. Add whipped cream to cream cheese mix and fold in gently. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
2. In a small bowl combine crushed graham crackers and butter.
3. Divide the graham cracker mixture equally between the 4 jelly jars. Use something with a flat surface to push down the crumbs to form a crust.
4. Add a 1/4+ cup of cheesecake mixture to each jar leaving a small amount for a second layer.
5. Add apple pie topping. Leave enough room to add second layer of cheesecake filling and caramel sauce.
6. Add second layer of cheesecake.
7. Add caramel sauce.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Written by Sherron Watson