1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup soft dehydrated figs, stems removed
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup maple syrup
Coating the bites is your choice: any ground nut, cocoa powder, toasted coconut, etc
1. I used my Vitamix. I tossed everything into the pitcher and let it blend until well combined. Use the stomper to mix as it blends.
2. If you do not have a Vitamix, then use a food processor. Add all of the ingredients and blend until the ingredients. If it is having trouble blending because the dough is stiff, add a tablespoon of water at a time until the dough forms. It should be stiff but I don't want you to burn up your food processor.
3. I used a cookie scoop. A small size is perfect. Scooped the fig dough into balls and placed them on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
4. Remove and roll in your choice of coatings: nuts, chocolate, sprinkles, cocoa powder, etc...
5. Store in the refrigerator.