Boneless Leg of Lamb
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 lemon, juice only
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon salt, add more to taste
fresh ground pepper
3-4 pound boneless leg of lamb, rolled and tied
**extra oven twine to retie lamb if you wish to unroll meat and add sauce to the inside and reroll.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare sauce by combining the first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
3. I chose to cut and untie my roast. I smeared the sauce all of the inside of the lamb and re-rolled the roast with new oven twine. Place the roast in a baking dish and add the remaining sauce to the outside. See picture above.
4. Roast in oven for 60-70 minutes. Use a meat thermometer. This will help you to get the exact doneness of your lamb. We like ours to be pink on the inside, 135 degrees is preferred for us.
5. Let roast rest for 15 minutes then slice the roast to 1/4 inch thickness and return to roasting pan. All of the juices and marinade will cook together. The two together make a wonderful sauce that the slices will be coated in when you return the slices to the roasting dish.
6. Serve with mint jelly.