Recipe: Pork Chops, Gravy and Potatoes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
4 thick boneless pork chops
2 T. milk
1/2 cup of flour ( I use almond meal and brown rice flour, 1/4 cups of each--for gluten free option)
2 T. oil, for frying pork chops
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
2 T. olive oil to saute
5 Yukon gold potatoes, sliced
1/4 cup of flour (you can use white or brown rice flour or potato starch--for gluten free option)
1 cup of milk
1 cup of heavy cream
1 pkg. of Lipton onion soup
Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. Heat oil in saucepan. Combine egg and milk, beat together. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Stir well. Take each pork chop and dip in milk bowl, then dip on both sides in the flour bowl. Add pork chop to hot oil and cook until golden brown on each side. Remove to a dutch oven style baking dish.
3. In a medium pan, melt butter. Stir in flour. Add milk and cream. Once sauce is thick, stir in onion soup mix. Remove from heat.
4. To saute onions and mushrooms, add 2 T. oil to pan and saute together until onions are soft.
5. You will layer your dutch oven like this: pork chops, sauteed onions and mushrooms, onion gravy and top with the sliced potatoes.
6. Cover and bake for 1.5 hours.