Oh, the pressure of filling those shoes for my family. LOL I do cook often and we do eat as a family 5-6 nights a week. I love it and hope that my kids will remember the good conversations, yummy food and lots of laughing. Our family likes to laugh. I have to say I passed on the food fight tradition though..LOL
Tuna casserole for Sunday dinner? Oh yes we did! LOL Forget the roast, potatoes and home made rolls, we went for something different. Ok, I admit, it's all I had, BUT the Tuna Casserole was so good. I had to improvise because I don't use Cream of Chicken soup (it has wheat). I usually make my own and I was just too tired, sometimes we Foodies get worn out too. So, I grabbed the "creamies" out of my fridge and whipped something up. ENJOY
***So what are "creamies"? Mayonnaise, cream cheese and sour cream...anything creamy, that can make a sauce.
2 cans of Tuna, drained. I love Whole Foods tuna.
1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
1/2 cup of Sour Cream
1 brick of Cream Cheese
1/2 cup of diced onion
3 cups of Shredded Cheese. I used half Asiago (it has a wonderful flavor) and half Cheddar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 box of your favorite pasta. I used Schar, it's gluten-free.
1 cup of any type of cracker crumbs. I used Schar crackers (GF)
2 T. melted butter
1/2 tsp of Parsley Flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cook your pasta according to directions on the box. Drain noodles and set aside. In a large bowl, combine tuna, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, 2 cups of cheese, salt and pepper and garlic powder. Add noodles to tuna mixture.
3. I use 2 small casserole dishes instead of a 9X13, so choose your pan or pans or even a muffin pan. This would make cute individual servings. Fill with tuna mixture. Using remaining 1 cup of cheese, sprinkle casserole dish.
|These three pictures give you a chance to see the whole story: Beginning, Middle and End.|
4. Make topping by combining all three ingredients and sprinkling on casserole.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and topping is toasted.
6. Serve immediately with your favorite side dish. We chose fresh green beans and cantaloupe.